Los Bajos del Toro, Alajuela
$240 - $300 USD/NIGHT
El Silencio Lodge & Spa
El Silencio Lodge & Spa is an inspired retreat, perfect to delight in the charming highlands of Costa Rica’s central volcanic range. Featuring emerald landscapes & waterfalls, farm-to-table cuisine, a select spa, and an exhilarating eco-adventure park, it showcases the intensity of Costa Rica’s nature and cloud forest mountains. Located just 90 minutes away from the San Jose International Airport (SJO), El Silencio is perfect for a dream honeymoon, a storybook wedding, a bonding family vacation, or wellness holiday. It is the first destination in Central America to be included in the select global portfolio of independent luxury hotels. Enjoy Costa Rica’s premium hospitality in a privileged setting that lets you fully reconnect with nature’s tranquility.
When you’re seeking a calm getaway from the daily stresses of life, and looking for pure relaxation, El Silencio’s 500-acre cloud forest preserve puts you in the center of peace, surrounded by lush forest of Costa Rica’s central volcanic valley. And, if you’re seeking some adventure, you can experience it right in your backyard by visiting El Silencio’s Adventure Park for a day of rappelling, hiking, or zip lining! The Esencia Spa will await you with a relaxing cocoa massage, mud facial, body scrub, or meditation session to ease you into ultimate bliss.
- Organic farm providing farm-to-table dining
- Esencia Spa
- Inducted into Trip Advisor’s Hall of Fame. This recognition is bestowed upon properties that earn a Certificate of Excellence for five consecutive years (2011-2015)
- The Hall of Fame places El Silencio Lodge & Spa among the most select hotels in Costa Rica and the world
- Condé Nast Traveler's 2012 Gold List
- Best Hotels in Central & South America
- 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards
- Best Resorts in Central & South America
- 2009 Hardcover Book: World’s Greatest Hotels
- 2008 Hot List- An inside look at the latest scene-stealing hotels
- Travel+Leisure: 2008 It List- Editor’s pick of the world’s most exciting new hotels.
- CST Level 5
- Member of the Network of Nature Reserves
- Participates in the Blue Flag Ecology Program
- Enjoy a special welcome amenity upon arrival!