Santa Ana, San José
$139 - $285 USD/NIGHT
Hotel Alta las Palomas
This is the quintessential boutique experience. Nestled against Alto de las Palomas (hill of the doves), this charming 23 room boutique hotel is rooted in history, sustainability, art, culture, and promotes relaxation in its midst. The property spotlights a thriving Guanacaste tree more than two centuries old, which provides a stunning historical centerpiece for an outdoor dinner, cooked by an award winning chef and harvested from local, farm grown ingredients. La Luz restaurant indulges in local, international, and Mediterranean flavors to suit your every palate.
Panoramic views of the city of San Jose abound from every balcony. A stay in the master penthouse suite gifts its guests with even further views of the rainforest, volcanoes, and on a clear day, the crystal blue sparkling sea. Live music from local artists often finds its way to the grounds. If you’re looking for a little relaxation, don’t forget to visit the library for a quiet sit down, or embrace the breeze on the rooftop terrace. Whether on a business trip, honeymoon, or even a solo adventure – no matter where you step foot on these grounds, you’ll feel like you’ve bit into a little piece of old European charm.
- Voted #1 2016 Traveler's Choice hotel on TripAdvisor
- Nominated for the 2017 Conde Nast Johansen Award
- Best city hotel
- Tours of the local farm and gardens
- Breakfast included for all - and for honeymooners - rose petals; strawberries and wine!
- RainForest Alliance certified
- Don't miss out on live music every Saturday and Thursday night at La Luz Restaurant & Bar!
- Hot springs & volcano tour
- Coffee plantation tour
- National Park tour
- Name your tour!