San Carlos, La Fortuna, Alajuela
$260 - $450 USD/NIGHT
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa
Nestled at the base of the renowned Arenal volcano, Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa unfolds amidst 872 lush, tropical rainforest acres. Experience the natural, pure air the surrounding rainforest has to offer, and bathe yourself in paradise by entering into the soothing water of the flowing hot springs. This five-star luxury resort offers 103 rooms and suites in varied sizes, featuring hand-crafted furnishings by local artists, and garden, forest, or volcano views. If you can to peel yourself away from your luxurious bed, you’ll absolutely need to visit the thermal hot springs to sun bathe, entice your taste buds with a refreshing drink from the pool swim-up bar, or take a ride on the thermal water slide!
Looking for more relaxation? We’ve got you covered. Take a peek into the guest-exclusive Shangri-La gardens, a secluded paradise with six natural thermal spring pools, tucked away in the upper area of the mineral springs complex. Or, you can tap into the energy from the open air and earth with a volcanic mud massage in a bungalow at the Grand Spa. Satisfy your hunger with a fine dining meal at Los Tucanes or more casual fare at Ave del Paraiso. If you really want to treat yourself to an unforgettable experience, the Tabacon Signature Gala Dinner, hand crafted and served by a private chef and waiter in an open-air bungalow, will be something you’ll never forget.
- 42" plasma television with cable and dvd player (free movies available from the concierge)
- Internet access
- and in-room laptop in select suites
- 24 hour room service
- Member of The Leading Hotels of the World
- Five-Star Designation by the Costa Rican Tourism Board
- Trip Advisor
- Hall of Fame - Certificate of Excellence 2015 & Traveler's Choice 2014
- World Travel Awards 2014 & 2015 - Mexico & Central America's Leading Green Resort
- World Luxury Spa Awards
- 2015 Country Winner - Costa Rica: Best Luxury Destination Spa
- World Luxury Spa Awards
- 2015 Continent Winner - The Americas: Best Luxury Mineral Spring Spa - The Americas: Best Luxury Day Spa - The Americas: Best Spa Manager
- CST Level 5
- Tabacón is the largest and only completely natural network of hot springs - so take plenty of time to explore the different pools and waterfalls!
- Hotel guests can take advantage of Shangri-La Gardens - a “secret garden” exclusive for hotel guests 18 years of age and older.
- The Region is known for activities such as hiking to the volcano; horseback riding; zip lining; white water rafting; rappelling; walking on hanging bridges